Earlier this month, the Sac Bee's Blair Anthony Robertson said that Monsoon was improving.
For a restaurant that seemed on its way to an early and unceremonious demise, Monsoon has gained traction by looking seriously at its shortcomings and taking the right steps to get better.
The use of spices on several dishes, so crucial to Indian cooking, had been abrupt and clunky in the early going. Now the seasoning is more balanced and complex.
Meats that were chewy and dry are now tender and juicy. And the naan, which was so dreadful when we tried it early on, is better, too – fresher, fluffier, tastier – though there's still room for improvement.
If that's enough for you to give them a try, or possibly a second look, here's your chance to do it half off.
- $20 for $40 at Chops Steak, Seafood & Bar. Offer expires on Saturday.
- $10 for $20 (New Groupon users | existing users) at Pete's Restaurant & Brewhouse in Natomas. Offer expires on Friday.
- $15 for $30 (New Groupon users | existing users) at Streets of London's midtown and West Sac locations. Offer expires on Sunday.
- $10 for $20 at Andy Nguyen's in Rancho Cordova. Offer expires on Saturday.
- $15 for $30 at De Vinci's Delicattessen & Catering in Elk Grove. Offer expires on Monday.
Looking for more deals like this? Check out the Cowtown Eats guide to saving 50 percent at good restaurants.