There are a number of places that are charging cover for their Cinco de Mayo experiences, with street parties, bands and the whole nueve yards. (We’re looking at you, Centro.)
But some of us just want to grab a quick margarita with our friends after work (it is a weekday after all) and here are a nine places to do it without spending an Andrew Jackson before you have your first drink.
- Vallejo’s – Music from 5 to 11 p.m. and drink specials all night.
- Ink Eats and Drinks - $2 tacos, $2 Tecate drafts and $5 pomegranate margaritas
- Capitol Garage - $3 margaritas
- Celestin’s - $3 margaritas
- Bistro 33 - $3.50 shots of Cuervo Gold
- R15 – Happy hour all night
- Firehouse - $6 1800 Reposado Tequila
- Zinfandel Grille - $3.50 margaritas
- Bella Bru Café - $5 margarita night