I understand why restaurants charge corkage. They have to provide glasses, clean them, pour the wine, etc. As long as the charge is reasonable, I don’t have a problem with that.
But that doesn’t mean I can’t give some love to restaurants that give that service away for free.
These are restaurants that have no corkage fee in Sacramento:
- Bandera American Cooking (Fair Oaks and Howe)
- Iron Steaks (13th and Broadway, close to Target)
- Fortune House Chinese Restaurant (12th and Broadway)
- Casablanca Moroccan (Fair Oaks and Watt)
- Acorn Cafe (Folsom)
- Back Wine Bar & Bistro (Folsom) - Wednesdays only
- Taste Restaurant (Plymouth) - Second Thursday of the month
- Piatti - Tuesdays Only
These are restaurants with retail wine operations that allow you to buy a bottle and drink it at the restaurant without corkage.
- 58 Degrees (18th and Capitol) – Sundays Only
Do you have a favorite spot that offers free corkage that I missed? Leave it in the comments or e-mail email@example.com and I’ll update the list.
* Updated 5/6/2013
* Added Piatti on 4/12/2014.