Daily Dining Deals: Shabu Japanese Fondue, Tokyo Fro's & More
August 17, 2011
Shabu Japanese Fondue is a hard concept to grasp. They call it fondue, but there's no cheese. It's Japanese food, but there's no sushi. This is how Sac Mag describes it in a March 2010 review by Kira O'Donnell:
First, you choose from four broths in which to cook your meal: shoyu (soy sauce); miso (yep, the same stuff found in miso soup); spicy miso; and chicken. Then you choose what to cook in that broth, from a selection that includes thinly sliced American Kobe beef, lamb, chicken and a beautiful array of seafood. Every diner gets a heaping plate of vegetables (doll-size bunches of enoki mushrooms, crinkly spinach leaves, Napa cabbage and carrot coins), udon noodles and soft blocks of tofu. If that isn’t enough to build a delicious meal, you also receive a tidy condiment trio of finely chopped daikon, garlic and green onion, along with small bowls of a lovely, sweetish goma (sesame) sauce and a citrusy ponzu sauce.
If that's piqued your interest, today, you can get it half off.
- $10 for $20 at Shabu Japanese Fondue in Midtown. Offer expires today.
- $15 for $30 (New Groupon users | existing users) to Tokyo Fro's on Fair Oaks. Offer expires on Thursday.
- $12 for $25 (New Groupon users | existing users) to Sam's Kosher Style Restaurant & Deli in Fair Oaks. Offer expires on Thursday.
- $10 for $20 at Brookfields Restaurant in Rancho Cordova. Offer expires today.
- $15 for 1 Ticket (New Groupon users | existing users) to the Summer Big Red Event from VIN12 (a $25 value) unlimited wine tasting at Social Nightclub on Saturday evening. Offer expires on Thursday.