There was a kitchen fire at Ella on Saturday afternoon, which caused it to be closed from Saturday through lunch service on Monday. They reopened for business tonight for a private event. I was lucky enough to attend that private event, and the picture abovie is of where the fire started.
As you can see there's not much damage in the broiler where the fire started. I checked in with Josh Nelson, co-founder and CFO of the Selland Group, and he told me it was just a grease fire.
While it's unfortunate there was a fire, I'm glad there wasn't any more damage done to the restaurant.
Feel free to start eating and drinking at one of Sacramento's best restaurants and happy hours again.