Fairytale Town, the Sacramento gem located in Land Park, is celebrating its 57th Birthday by holding its annual Tales & Ales Brewfest Fundraiser on Saturday, Aug. 27.
The highlight of the evening will be tastings from craft breweries from the greater Sacramento region. Attendees will be given a Red Solo Cup to sample tastes from:
- Alaskan Brewing Co.
- Hemly Cider, Heretic Brewing Co.
- Lagunitas Brewing Co.
- Mendocino Brewing Co.
- The Monk’s Cellar Brewery & Public House
- New Helvetia Brewing Co.
- Oak Park Brewing Co.
- Sactown Union Brewery
- Schilling Cider Co.
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Two Rivers Cider Co.
In addition, food and beverages will be available for purchase from four food trucks - Cecil's Taste, Flavor Face, Slightly Skewed and Cali Love.
The event is all ages and will also feature a live band and kids can enjoy complimentary lemonade and hands-on activities in the Lemonade Garden in Mr. McGregor’s Garden.
Advance tickets can be purchased for $25, with VIP tickets going for $50 and children for $5.75. VIP can get into the park one hour early and have reserved seating. Tickets can be purchased at Fairytaletown.org.
Loyal Cowtown Eats readers can win a pair of tickets to this Saturday's event.
You can enter three different ways:
- On Twitter: Send the following message on Twitter. "I can't wait to try XXX at @FairytaleTown #TalesAndAles on Sat. Get your tix at http://www.fairytaletown.org/events/tales-ales-fundraiser/" Replace the XXX with whatever brewery that you're excited to sample.
- On Facebook: Comment on the Cowtown Eats Facebook Page (preferably, the post that links to this contest) and tell us what brewery you can't wait to try.
- Leave a comment below with which food or drink vendor you're excited to sample. PLEASE USE YOUR REAL NAME SO I KNOW WHO TO AWARD THE TICKETS TO.
All those who enter via any of these three means will by 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 24 will be entered to win the two tickets. A winner will be selected by random drawing. I'll contact you via whatever means you entered to get your real name, and the tickets will be there for you at will call on Saturday.
As for me, I'm looking forward to trying Sactown Union Brewery and finally checking out Slightly Skewed. I haven't had a chance to try that food truck yet.
** Congrats to the winner, Richard Chadwick!