USA Today's Pop Candy blog listed 10 reasons to visit Sacramento. On that list was our an item for our gastrnomic delights, which included the following restaurants:
- The Squeeze Inn. The best cheesy, yummy burgers. Well worth the extra fat grams.
- Jack's Urban Eats. American comfort food at its casual, lively best.
- Cafeteria 15L. Hearty, delicious fare in a spirited environment -- and you must check out the bathrooms.
- Hot Italian. Eat scrumptious thin-crust pizza while celebrating Italy's new generation of art, music, design and sport.
- Zocalo. A lively, architecturally exciting space to eat tasty Mexican food.
- Roxy. Western ranch meets urban fare. And check out the beautiful chandelier!
- Mikuni. The very best sushi, maybe in all of California.
- Spataro. Executive Chef Kurt Spataro brings it every night, serving superb classic, seasonal Italian fare.
- Ella Dining Room & Bar. This internationally acclaimed restaurant is passionate about food, and it shows. Their regionally sourced, innovative fresh food and handcrafted artisanal cocktails are second to none.
I think this list is a good start, but it needs a few additions. When friends and relatives visit, we definitely hit the Squeeze Inn since it's unique to Sacramento. When Daniel Pont owned La Bonne Soupe Cafe, that was another definite stop for out of towners. Ginger Elizabeth Chocolates is a must for desserts.
Do you think the author left anything off the list? If so, leave it in the comments below.
Read the entire list on USAToday.com.
Dining review: Drop into Skip's Kitchen – he'll be there - Skip Wahl worked for Chili's for 17 years, rising through the ranks to become a general manager and trainer. He learned plenty about the business, schooled hundreds of others and eventually had one of those bosses that made him ponder his future. "I looked where I would be in 10 years and I didn't like where that was," Wahl said one recent weekday morning. Blair Anthony Robertson in the Sac Bee.